Natural Supplements for Treating Arthritis
The word ‘arthritis’ is commonly used to refer to any form of joint pain or disease. It is basically an inflammation of the joints. It is possible for it to affect just one joint or a number of them. Types of joint pain are defined by their causes and treatment methods. However, the most common is rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Who can be affected by arthritis?
Joint pain can affect just about anyone. The age, sex, and race of an individual doesn’t really matter. In the US, over 300,000 children and 50 million adults suffer from some kind of arthritis. Women, however, tend to be the most affected by this disease. Arthritis tends to manifest itself more in older individuals above 65 years old. Also frequently afflicted by joint inflammation are overweight individuals.
Possible symptoms and problems it causes
Arthritis usually manifests itself in the joints. The common symptoms of arthritis include the following:
· Decreased range of motion
· Joint pain
For many patients of joint pain, the symptoms are usually worse in the morning. If you have rheumatoid arthritis, you might end up feeling tired and overly anorexic as a result of the inflammation caused by an overzealous immune system. Anemia and a slight fever are some of the other notable symptoms of arthritis.
Did you know that you can actually prevent arthritis? For as long as you have healthy joints, there are a number of steps you can take to maintain joint health and function. You can take the following steps:
· Eating fish and/or essential fatty acids.
· Avoiding injury.
· Protecting your joints from strain.
· Drinking alcohol moderately.
· Avoiding high heels.
· Maintaining a healthy body weight.
Joint pain relief is difficult, unless the physician knows the exact type of arthritis that is involved. In a hospital or clinic, a physician is likely to prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs, immune-altering medications, pain medications, and biologic medications. Some cases might even require surgery.
There are, however, a number of diet and natural supplements you can use for joint health. The common herbs that are proven to relieve joint pain include:
· Devil’s claw
· Stinging nettle
These herbs contain natural anti-inflammatory elements that are also safe for the body. They also help increase the body’s overall immunity.
Suggested products that can help
Goods for You has a number of natural health products that can be used for the treatment of joint pain. They include the following:
· GOOD FOR YOU Arthro-Plus which is a liquid extract. Liquid extracts are more effective than tablets or capsules as they are absorbed more quickly and easily. Arthro-Plus contains many herbs that assists the body in cleaning calcium deposits from the joints, eliminating damaging acids, purifying the blood, and relieving pain. It is one of our best sellers for arthritic pain.
· GOOD FOR YOU Shark Cartilage Arthrois an excellent source of Calcium and also has naturally occurring Mucopolysaccarides, which are know as glycosaminoglycans (GAGs). GAGs are the components of cartilage tissue that lubricate and cushion joints against shock.
· NOW L-Citrulline which works to relieve the body of ammonia. Apart from helping maintain the immune system, it is useful in joint health.
See all of our joint health products by clicking here
Clearly, you don’t have to suffer from joint pain when you can do something about it.